This week, Northstar is continuing construction of the Light Rail Transit (LRT) Connection in downtown Minneapolis and the vehicle maintenance facility in Big Lake. Details on upcoming construction activities are included below.
Downtown Minneapolis Light Rail Transit (LRT) Connection
- Demolition of the south half of the 5th Street North bridge over I-394 continues. Work on pier caps and a bridge abutment has begun. One lane of eastbound traffic will be maintained on the north side of the bridge during demolition and reconstruction.
- There will be lane restrictions, as needed, on inbound and outbound I-394 during bridge demolition and reconstruction. All lane restrictions will take place on weekends and at non-peak hours on weekdays.
- Inbound (eastbound) lane restrictions may be in place weekdays between 10:00 AM 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM 6:00 AM.
- Outbound (westbound) lane restrictions may be in place weekdays between 9:00 AM 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM 7:00 AM.
- Crews recently completed the final structural bridge deck pour on the 5th Street North bridge over the BNSF train tracks.
- Excavation for the Northstar commuter rail platform has begun adjacent to the BNSF train tracks.
City of Big Lake Vehicle Maintenance Facility
- There are no anticipated traffic impacts related to VMF construction in the coming week.
- Roofing of the vehicle maintenance facility will be completed in the next week.
- Train wash building walls have been installed and roof work will begin this week.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Northstar construction or any other aspect of the Project, please contact Jonathan Blake at 651-366-5840 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also visit Northstar online at www.mn-GetOnBoard.com.
For information on the new Minnesota Twins Ballpark, which is being constructed adjacent to Northstars downtown Minneapolis construction site, visit the Minnesota Ballpark Authority (MBA) website at www.ballparkauthority.com or call 612-543-PARK. The MBA can provide you with information relating to construction of the Twins Ballpark and resulting traffic impacts.